Apprenticeships

Apprenticeships are a great way for pubs to develop their own teams – to nurture the hospitality professionals of the future.

Star Pubs & Bars have combined forces with a company called Remit to offer a new scheme to help make this happen in our pubs.  When a small business takes on an apprentice there is usually a cost involved.  Star Pubs & Bars have committed funds to reimburse that cost to the employer, with a view to sponsoring at least 100 new apprentices.

Why are Star Pubs & Bars sponsoring 100 apprenticeships?

  • Apprenticeships aren’t about saving money – they’re about investing in the future. But when pubs take on an apprentice, there’s usually a cost.
  • When small businesses, such as many of our pubs, take on an apprentice, the Government covers 95% of the cost. By sponsoring 100 apprentices, Star Pubs & Bars will cover the remaining 5% so there’s no cost to the licensee hiring the apprentice.
  • We believe that apprenticeships are a great way for pubs to develop their own teams and nurture the hospitality professionals of the future. It’s why we’re going to reimburse this cost to licensees taking on an apprentice.
  • We’ll sponsor the 100 apprentices on a first come, first served basis. The apprentice will remain the employee of the pub operator.

Click Here for more details.

Click Here to view our Mentor Guide.

Click Here to register your interest.